Sunday, February 28, 2010

Art outside of Athens

While in college, particularly at Ohio University, students find themselves separated from the rest of the world, sometimes in a form of isolation. Athens is such a small town and, while it provides plenty of unique artistic experiences to students, university employees and the community, it is important to remember that there is a lot of great art happening outside our city as well.

Sometimes, you just need to get away from the weekend party going and barhopping and experience new places. I’ve compiled a map of some of my favorite places I’ve been to experience art.


View Art Across America in a larger map

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An impressive tour of your art stops over the years. I like the way you included "nature's" art as well. Sounds like you have a wonderful family, taking you to all those places.

Ashley Showen said...

Thank you for the kind feedback. I am very lucky that my family has exposed me to a huge amount of art and we have been fortunate to travel a decent amount. My next goal is to make it further west!

Jenna said...

I like your pinpoint markers. Perfect for this post.

Post a Comment