Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's Showtime!


John F. Kennedy once said, “We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth.”

From a young age, art has been my truth, my escape and my true passion. My life would not be complete without it. Whether on stage myself or in the audience, I have never been happier than when I am experiencing art.

Art is the one thing in my life that remains constant. It is always there, ever-present to challenge me to think in new ways.

I am creating this blog not only because I want to share my love of art with others, but because I want to explore the uniqueness of experiencing the arts on a college campus. Whether it is through the ways we view art, the specific types of art, or participating in art ourselves, I believe we, as college students, will never experience the arts in the same way ever again, and my blog will be a way to preserve that experience.

In this blog, I hope to push myself to look critically at art and to find it in places I have not discovered before.

It is my opinion that art is not reaching its full potential if it cannot be discussed, critiqued and shared. I hope that you will join me in this discussion because I believe we can all help each other view art in new and exciting ways. After all, “all the world’s a stage,” and the spotlight is waiting for each of us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment